Virtualbadge.io is provided by FutureNext GmbH.
FutureNext GmbH ("us" or "we") respects the privacy of the parties using the app Virtualbadge.io, and the parties using the home page of which is located at https://admin.virtualbadge.io/. The home page and accompanying pages will collectively be known as "App".
We may collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our App or submitted to any of our personnel.
We collect this information when you:
- Register, create, and edit a profile/users/a Virtual Badge campaign.
- Answer survey questions.
- Enter contests.
- Use certain features on the App.
- Submit information to any of our personnel.
The types of information you can choose to provide on our site may, without limitation, include:
- Name, birthday, age, username, password, email address, social media profile information, contact information, address, location, etc.
- Information relating to your devices, including device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile phone number, mobile network carrier, location, and event information (such as application installations) as needed by us or our third-party service providers.
- Other Personal Information you choose to provide.
Here is an expanded description of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
- Information you provide: We collect the information you provide through the app, our registration forms and other login-protected forms.. When you register or log in to your account, when we send a communication to you, or when you access, respond to, or decline to open communication from us, complete a form to communicate with us, or contacts us, we collect and store certain information about you such as your first and last name, title, street address, telephone number, company name, Virtual Badge campaign, email address, or other information uploaded by you (e.g. photos, texts, and other relevant background information). Your Personal Information will be kept confidential and will be used as needed to fulfill or respond to your inquiries, complete registration, and/or provide you with other App services.
- All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside (generally under the age of 18) must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the App.
- Information from other sources: We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases, services that provide information about business people and companies.
- Information about the use of our services and products: When you register in our App, we receive and save certain pieces of information, such as the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you access our Websites/App, preferences, and settings: time zone, language, and character size, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, search history, date and time of your visit, the websites you visit within our service, the website from which you came if you visit our App via a link from a third party website, etc. We do this to improve our App and services.
We will only collect and use information that is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and assist us to administer our business and provide you with the services you request.
Your Personal Information is protected. All the data and information that we receive is protected and only available to authorized personnel.
Use of information
In short, we may use your Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- To deliver our promised service.
- To fulfill or respond to your inquiries.
- To address administrative needs and communications.
- To improve our products and services.
- To contact you for internal business purposes.
- To contact you with App communication/promotions, if marketing consent applies.
For example, we collect, analyze, and process your Personal Information as data controller for the following purposes:
- Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use Personal Information to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising when permitted. This includes using Personal Information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
- To keep records of contact information and correspondence.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, such as sharing content through social media networks.
- To carry out our obligations arising from agreements or contracts between you and us.
- To create a more accurate and complete customer profile to better understand the products and services you want to use.
- To improve the products and services we provide you and develop new products and services.
- Other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
With regards to offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services, we may use Personal Information, subject to your prior express consent, to personalize your experience with our products and services, as well as to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. This will extend to third-party websites and applications.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by contacting us.
We use Personal Information to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We make certain Personal Information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal Information will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared, and thereby commercialized, with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We share Personal Information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, auditing, fulfilling customer requests, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
The service used by FutureNext GmbH to support email sending operations is SparkPost, and their privacy policies for EU servers can be found at https://www.sparkpost.com/policies/privacy/.
The service provider that supplies us with payment processor is Stripe, Inc. Their privacy policies can be found at https://stripe.com/en-de/privacy.
The service provider used for Customer-Relationship-Management (CRM) and communication automation is ActiveCampaign. Their privacy policies can be found at https://www.activecampaign.com/legal/privacy-policy.
The service provider for analytics on software usability is Hotjar. Their privacy policies can be found at https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/.
The service provider for data insights and page insights in general (such as keyword tracking and SEO analysis) is Google Analytics. Their privacy policies can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Legal compliance and security
Ownership of Personal Information
Legal basis for the processing of Personal Information
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your Personal Information will be based on the following: To the extent that we obtain your consent for the processing of your Personal Data such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). If the processing of your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or for taking pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b). Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your Personal Information on the basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), and where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f). Please note that where you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal Information you may withdraw your consent at any time which withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing previously made on basis of your consent.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the Personal Information that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your Personal Information. You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Information. To protect the privacy and the security of your Personal Information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the Personal Information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the Personal Information that we maintain. In this case, we reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example, because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that takes into account the administrative costs for providing the information or taking the action requested.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.
We also use Anonymous Information, such as web or mobile pages you have viewed, in order to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may improve our products and services, enhance our user experience, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Anonymous Information consists of data that would not identify you personally; these records exclude information (such as your name) that makes them personally identifiable to you. We may disclose Anonymous Information to third parties that promote our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
We may share your Personal Information with third-parties, to provide you with the products and services that we offer you through the Website. We make no representations or warranties as to how such parties will use your Personal Information. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our contractors and third-party service providers (for example, without limitation, individuals providing support services to us) for the sole purpose of providing products and services to you.
We may participate in co-branding or co-promotional agreements with third parties pursuant to which we may share Personal Information with such third parties ("Partners"). For example, we may participate in agreements with Partners pursuant to which we provide the Partners with a URL and a customer registration page co-branded with or privately labeled by the Partners, and the Partners distribute and promote the URL to its customers. A Partner may have access to Personal Information that we collect from their customers. As a result, if you register on the Website through a Partner, we may provide your Personal Information to the Partner. We do not control the privacy practices of these Partners.
We may offer you the chance to participate in drawings, contests, giveaways, and promotions ("Special Promotions") through our Website. By registering for a Special Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Special Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Special Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Special Promotion. If you choose to enter a drawing, contest, or other promotion, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Special Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Special Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
We may use your Personal Information in order to provide third parties non-personal aggregated information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and that is combined with the Personal Information of other users ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. We might also inform a company that performs services or that provides products and/or services to us (that may or may not be a business partner or an advertiser on our site) that e.g. "50% of our users live in the USA" or that "the average share-rate of Virtual Badges in the USA is xy%””. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this Aggregate Information. We may not limit the third parties' use of the Aggregate Information.
Under the following scenarios, we may be required to share your Personal Information:
- If we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or if we need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If we believe it is necessary to restrict or inhibit any user from using any of our Websites, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion thereof.
Cookies and similar technologies
We may use pixel tags, cookies, and/or other similar technologies, sometimes from third parties, to collect visitor information. Cookies, for example, are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. They make it possible for us, for example, to recognize your browser when you visit and provide you with information about products that interest you. By doing this, we can customize your return visits and save you time during checkout. It is possible to deactivate cookies from being used in your browser by turning the feature off. According to the GDPR legislation, you will be asked to state your cookie preference.